Article 1. Name
The name of this organization shall be the Rocky Bluff Neighborhood Association (RBNA).
Article 2. Geographic Area
The Rocky Bluff Neighborhood Association is defined by:
- On the North: University Avenue
- On the East: Franklin Avenue
- On the South: South side Bluff Street/DuRose Terrace
- On the West: Palomino Lane/West boundary of Quarry Park/East boundary of Sunset Village
Article 3. Purpose & Mission
The purpose of RBNA is to bring together individuals to discuss issues involving the neighborhood and the entire community and to formulate programs of action.
The mission of RBNA is:
- To enhance and promote the neighborhood as a safe and enjoyable place to live
- To share our diverse resources and ideas for the common interest of creating a better community
- Serve as a liaison between our neighborhood, the city, and elected officials
- Create opportunities for neighborhood residents get to know one another and work together on common interests
Article 4. Non-Partisanship
RBNA is a non-partisan organization.
Article 5. Membership
Membership is open to individuals who live or own a business / property in the Rocky Bluff area as defined in Article 2.
Membership is defined by any one of the following:
- Providing an email address for the RBNA email list
- Attending a general membership or annual meeting
- Communicating with their Street Liaison Officer
- All members are expected to attend one meeting (membership or annual) per year.
Article 6. Dues
There will be no annual dues required to belong to the RBNA.
Article 7. Officers
Each officer’s term will be two years, with a maximum of two terms served consecutively. The officers will meet every three months to discuss issues and prepare an agenda for the general membership meeting. Officers are expected to attend 50% of their meetings.
- Prepare agendas for meetings with consideration to issues of concern to their neighbors
- To preside over RBNA membership and RBNA meetings.
- To serve as a spokesperson for RBNA with concerned parties
- To meet regularly with the Vice-President and to effectively share responsibility with him/her
- To assist the President as requested and mutually agreed
- To preside over RBNA membership and RBNA meetings in the President’s absence
- To serve as a spokesperson for RBNA in co-operation with the President
- To inform members of scheduled or upcoming meetings
- To keep track of membership
- To ensure that minutes of RBNA meetings are taken. This task can be shared and rotated.
- The Secretary may accept other administrative work if he/she desires.
- After approval from the Officers, the Treasurer may allocate and disperse funds received for operating funds, special grants and projects.
- Accept and record RBNA transactions
- Two people (the Treasurer and President) shall be required to sign any check over $100 for fund disbursement.
Street Liaison Officers
- Provide information to people on their street regarding upcoming meetings, ask people about concerns and items they want brought to the Officer’s attention/voted upon.
- These streets will have a liaison officer:
- University Avenue
- West Harvey to Schmidt Place
- Schmidt Place to East Harvey
- Kendall/Bluff (including apartments)
Article 8. Meetings
General Membership Meetings
- Meetings will be held at least quarterly and will be open to the public.
- Meetings will be held on the second Monday of a month. Any conflicts in meeting dates will be resolved by the officers.
- Special meetings may be called by two officers with at least one week’s notice.
- Members will be notified in advance of general membership meetings. Every attempt will be made to advertise meetings and activities to as many individuals and groups.
- An annual meeting will be held in the second quarter of the calendar year (April to June).
- Elections shall be held at the annual meeting to fill any positions that have become vacant. No proxies or absentee ballots shall be allowed.
- Candidates will be announced at the March membership meeting.
Article 9. Amendments
These by-laws may be amended at the annual meeting by a two-thirds vote of those present, provided that the proposed changes have been submitted by the Officers to the members at the March membership meeting.
Article 10. Dissolution
In the case of dissolution, any and all assets (after payment of all debts and obligations) shall be returned to the funding source(s).