Minutes for April 2018 (Annual Meeting)
RBNA Quarterly Meeting
- No member expressed interest in the role of either President or Vice President
- Meeting attendees discussed the importance of continuing the association, given the effort and energy that would be needed to re-establish at some later date
- Meeting attendees discussed possibility of joining another neighborhood association. Agreed that closest neighborhood to an issue (eg. Flad redevelopment project) needs to be the voice in the conversation
- Members discussed changing the RBNA structure to that of a generic Board, with some members functioning in the roles of Secretary and Treasurer. Erik, as President, is currently the city point of contact, sets the agenda for meetings, and lead the meetings. Erik is the committee Chair for the summer party when no one else steps up.
- BJ Haman and John Oakey indicated that they would like to participate as board members
- Tim Schneider motioned to change the governing structure of the neighborhood association from one of President, Vice President, Secretary, and Treasurer to a generic Board with shared responsibilities. A Board would need to consist of at least 3 members.
Details, such as Terms for Board members, will be discussed/written at a later date.
A vote in the affirmative would be followed up with an email to the general membership about the change. Members will be encouraged to respond to the structural change within 2 weeks from the announcement.
- Motion 2nd by David L
Vote was unanimous. 12-0
- Tim motions to add BJ Haman and John Oakey to the Board, effective immediately.
Motion 2nd by David L
Vote was unanimous. 12-0
- Initial Board consists of Betty Bauhs, Tim Schneider, John Oakey, and BJ Haman
- Meeting attendees discussed having 1 neighborhood annual meeting and special meetings when needed. Summer party suggested to be the annual meeting as it already has very good attendance
- Street liaisons would have to connect with new neighbors in lieu of less frequent meetings.
Quarry Park Cleanup
- CORP picking up garbage as they find it
- City assigned 11 people to help with Quarry Park cleanup
- Appears that the April 21st event is not going to happen, given the snow.
- Will reschedule for April 28th
Annual Summer Party Planning
- In the past, the committee has met in May and once/month after that
- Edi, David, Tim & Kris, BJ and Tim S. indicated that they are willing to work on or with the committee
- Ask Tomas if Hoyt park a possible location for party
- Initial Assignments:
- Great Dane: Tim will deal with (Liza and Erik have done in the past). Call in June/July.
- Edi: Games/Entertainment
- David: ?
- Tim & Kris: ?
- BJ: Sign and Itza Pizza
- Betty: ?
Date for picnic to be set at first committee meeting