Minutes for September 2017
Date: Monday, September 11, 2017 – 7:00 – 8:00 p.m.
Where: First Baptist Church, 518 N. Franklin Avenue
- Donations to the $223
- 2 t-shirts at $10 each
- $550 starting balance – expenses ($85)
- Just under $700 in the account
- Keep thinking about ways we spend down the balance
Summer party, how’d it go?
- Similar turnout to last year (70-80), despite the rain
- Betty printed thank-you cards to be signed by those at meeting and delivered
- A shelter for next year was suggested
Flad Development Plan
- Reviewed thoughts from public meeting.
- Plan not yet submitted to City for permits to build mixed-use development like The Boulevard (across from Whole Foods).
- Most talked about issue at public meeting was traffic and pedestrian safety.
- General feeling that this was not in spirit of the Neighborhood plan where new construction was to transition to the single family homes. “Neighborhood in a Forest.” Future development should be sensitive to the character of the neighborhood.
- Is something more that Flad can do to align with the plan?
- Talk about points to be made during the next public meeting. Point out the things about the development plan that we do like.
- RBNA decided to collaborate on a shared statement via a Google Doc. (link) Submit September 27th. Document to express positives as well as RBNA concerns. To cc Shiva and Flad on final version of the letter. Erik will edit.
- Quarry park – motor bike heard around noon on Saturday. Seems infrequent.
- Betty’s planting by the Stevens sign. Maybe next year we can expand the planter.
- Uptick in rental homes in the neighborhood. Feeling that while increasing, not dramatically.
- RBNA elections coming up next Spring. Erik’s term will be over and we’re looking for someone to be President. VP currently an open position if anyone has interest. Betty and Tim still within term limits next year if they wanted to remain as treasurer and secretary.